When it comes to the internet, we all know that content is king. But while content may be the king, it’s not the only factor when it comes to attracting customers.
Technical SEO is also extremely important as a ranking factor. But in order for it to work properly, one must understand how to implement SEO into their marketing plans.
Often in business, things get busy really quickly. Which means it’s easy to let certain things slide. But if you don’t continuously utilise SEO, you may be losing out on business.
That’s why outsourcing your SEO to a Gloucester agency can help you achieve your goals. And we’re here to tell you why.
So grab a comfortable chair and take notes.
What Is Technical SEO?
Technical SEO is the efforts of the webmaster to ensure the website is in compliance with current search engine guidelines.
And those guidelines are constantly changing. So even if you are a webmaster, it’s a lot of work. If you’re a business owner in Gloucester or anywhere, technical SEO may be too much work for you to handle on your own.
Because if you do it wrong, Google will penalise you for your SEO mistakes. And that can cause your business a lot of time and money.
Why Hire a Technical SEO Gloucester Agency?
While some steps are easy, technical SEO can be really complicated. Often it makes a lot of sense to outsource this task because doing it when you aren’t a professional can cost you a lot.
Here’s where you’ll save when you hire the right SEO Gloucester agency.
- Time: Most business owners or in-house marketing people do not have the technical expertise needed for back-end technical marketing efforts.
- Budget: Unless you hire an in-house expert who can do it all, it makes sense to save money by outsourcing.
- Frustration: You have a website because you own a business. You need to focus on selling your service or product, not on fixing the back end of your website.
Technical SEO is complicated. And if you do it wrong, you can really create a lot of problems for yourself and your company.
I’m a DIYer, What Can Go Wrong If I Learn This Myself?
While we love DIYer’s, there’s a lot a person needs to understand about this type of SEO. It’s sort of like making a quilt. One wrong stitch and the whole thing might need to be taken apart.
Do you really have the budget to play Russian Roulet with your own company?
Here are just a few really complicated steps an SEO Gloucester agency will do that most lay people have no clue about:
1. How to Future-Proof Your Site: Think Google is done making changes? Think again. A technical SEO Gloucester agency will know how to configure your site so that you’re ready for whatever comes.
2. Canonicalization: Search engines don’t always know exactly what they’re looking at on your site. Choosing the right URL to ensure the search engines don’t mistake a link for duplicate content is just part of their job.
3. Pagination: Often when you’re selling a lot of products, it can create crawler issues. Using the right meta tags will help eliminate those problems.
4. HTML Markup: This text can be enhanced to provide specific information to web crawlers. Such examples include:
- Open Graph which shows Facebook how your content should appear
- Twitter Cards
- Language Tags
- Title, Description, and Header Tags
All of these steps can be time-consuming. Especially for someone just learning how to do it themselves. Outsourcing is often the smartest choice when tackling technical SEO.
Because mistakes can and will be made.
What Are Some Common Technical SEO Mistakes?
While there are plenty of steps you can take to enhance your technical SEO, there are also mistakes you can make. Costly mistakes that can eat away at your profits.
So try to avoid making these common mistakes:
- Intrusive Interruptions: Just as annoying as being interrupted by a sales call in the middle of dinner. And Google agrees. Starting in 2017, if you cover the main content of your website with a popup ad, Google will penalise you.
- Duplicate Content: No one enjoys reading the same information twice. Especially when it’s on one website. An SEO marketing company will check meta tags, page content, and meta descriptions to ensure there’s no duplication on your website.
- Broken Links: Basically, this is a road to nowhere. A marketing company can do a site audit to quickly find and fix these broken links.
- Hiding Things: Some people like to try to cheat the system. But do you think you can actually beat Google at their own game? Honesty has its own rewards and one of them is a better Google ranking.
These mistakes are easy to make but it’s not always so simple when trying to fix them.
What Technical SEO Steps Can I Make?
There are a number of steps you can take to increase your technical SEO, whether you’re in Gloucester or even half a world away.
Here are a few of our favourites:
- Mobile Friendly: Over 80% of people search online first before making a purchase. Now, more than ever, most of those searches are done using something other than a desktop computer. Your company needs to be mobile friendly now.
- Fast Loading Speed: For anyone who is old enough to remember when the internet first came out, you’ll remember how agonisingly slow it was. And while things certainly have sped up, it doesn’t mean your customers want to wait any longer than they need to. Also, Google has been crawling your website since 2010 for coding inefficiencies.
- SSL Certificate: The latest in online buyer safety, the SSL certificate. Since 2014 Google has used the https as ranking signal. Buy one if you haven’t already.
Need Help? An SEO Gloucester Agency Is All You Need
Have we converted you yet? There’s a lot to learn about technical SEO but that’s why we’re here. We’d love to
We’d love to answer your questions and help you determine what steps to take so you’re in business for the long haul.